Ok so we are going to wrap up the diesel exhaust fluid closed loop systems with this entry by highlighting this question: What do I need to refill a DEF tote on location?
Our recommendation will always be to stick with Micromatic’s closed loop systems for DEF.
So, now you understand the basics for a one way tote (from our previous entry) with a closed loop system, let’s talk about how to refill that same tote over and over again; which would be a great savings over time, don’t you agree?
Now, a DEF closed loop systems is important for the following reasons:
DEF PURITY IS REQUIRED
If Not Handled Properly…
- Detrimentally Affects SCR Performance
- Will Void Vehicle Warranties
- Causes Premature Catalyst Deactivation
- Fouling of Pre-filters & Injector Nozzles
1. SS Fill Head Coupler- Closed, Sealed & Secure– Spring actuated and self-closing upon disconnect keeps product contained within the dispense hose, eliminating any chance of spills. Dry Disconnect – Less than 2 milliliters. Reusable, Durable Stainless Steel Construction. Part#744-026
This is the part that you need on your refilling system, the tank or totes that you are carrying around to refill your customers. You will need to remove the existing coupler on the customer’s tote and take this fill head coupler and secure it on the IBC. Your hose will run from your delivery truck to the IBC to start refilling. And remember, your delivery hose (re-fill) will have the fill head coupler; part#744-026
2. SS dispense coupler-Closed, Sealed & Secure
Spring actuated and self-closing upon disconnect keeps
product contained within the dispense hose, eliminating any chance of spills. Part#744-048
Once you know you will be servicing a customer on site, this is the coupler that you will need to have on the IBC tote.
3 & 4. We can skid these two for now.
5. Container valve– Closed, Sealed & Secure
Self-closing upon disconnect, prevents unauthorized
access to the product in the container. Part#743-097
6. Skip for now
7.Downtube– Part#743-236/1245 (for a 330 gal tote)
That is what you need to do onsite refilling; and if you have any other questions; come by our warehouse we will be happy to demonstrate with one of our totes.
We have these Micromatic parts in stock here in Houston. Call us for more details at 281-377-5845 or email us for equipment information.
Thank you for reading our Blog.
Transliquid Technologies – not only thinking different, but doing business different. Call us today at 281-377-5845